Listing Plan Step 3
Showing Your Home
Now You’re Ready to Begin Showing your property! Here are some tips to ensure your showing will be successful so you can sell your home quickly and at or above listing price.
Tips for a Successful Showing:
- Buyers like light and bright homes. Open all the blinds and curtains in your home and keep all overhead lights and table lamps on at all times.
- Disappear! If possible, leave the home during showings. Potential buyers often feel like intruders when they enter a home filled with people. Rather than giving your home the attention it deserves, they are likely to hurry through.
- Soft Music. If you can, play some soft music to provide the perfect atmosphere.
- Don’t Try to Sell Your Furniture. – When buyers come to view your home, don’t distract them with offers to sell furnishings. You may lose the biggest sale of all!
- Keep the Pets Away! Dogs and cats are great companions, but not when showing your home. If possible, remove pets from the home during showings. At minimum, keep pets outside or crated.
- Eliminate all Odors. Make sure there are no unpleasant odors in the home. Cooking and pet odors are a sensitivity to many buyers. Try to eliminate odors by sprinkling baking soda on the carpets before vacuuming. If you choose to use plug in type air fresheners throughout the home opt for fresh citrus scents instead of heavy floral or perfume scents.
How do I know when my house is going to be shown?
Your information will be entered into the database at Showingtime.com who will contact you anytime an agent would like to show your home. They will call your home, office, and/or cell phone number. They will also send a text notification and email. If you do not answer, they will leave a message for you with the date and time an agent would like to show and it will be scheduled. You do not need to call them back unless you want to cancel a showing.
Showingtime will instruct the agent to knock first, and then use the key-box for entry into the property. Agents will be informed of any special showing instructions such as restricted hours or pets in the home.
Every appointment made is recorded on the Showingtime website which allows us to quickly call for feedback from showing agents. The typical showing agent will return calls for feedback within 24-48 hours after a showing. As soon as we obtain the feedback, a call or showing report email will be sent to you to share the agent’s comments.
Most showing agents are extremely professional and giving ample notice when they intend to show and will be on time for their appointments. However, you need to be prepared for agents who will be early, late or just not show up at all. You will also need to be prepared for short or no notice as an agent may see the sign at the street and then call for the appointment right away. We do our very best to limit these inconveniences so they will occur rarely if at all.
Should you ever need to cancel an appointment, please call Showingtime at (800) 746-9464
Eventually, someone will put in an offer on your home. Which leads us to Listing Plan Step 4 – What happens after accepting a contract.
See how the Listing Plan of Action Works for You!
Thinking of selling your home as a “For Sale by Owner”? Before you make up your mind, read our proven plan that will put more money in your pocket! Call Eric Pakulla today to find out more, or read our Listing Plan of Action Overview: