Listing Plan Step 2
All About the Pricing
Pricing a home correctly is an integral part to obtaining the most money from the sale of your Maryland real estate. Here are some of the obstacles to proper pricing, what happens when a home is over-priced, and how to properly price your home from the beginning.
Obstacles to Proper Pricing:
- Need for a certain amount of cash: If you need a certain amount of cash, this has nothing to do with the value of the home.
- Fear: The fear of making a mistake in pricing which could lead to losing a significant portion of equity.
- Loss of Perspective: Sellers are emotionally involved with their properties and are not necessarily thinking objectively about the true value of the house.
- Neighbors: Neighbors can mislead a seller to believe they received more for the sale of their home than they actually did.
- Your Original Purchase Price: The price originally paid for the house does not affect the value of your home when you go to sell it. Chances are you paid market value when you purchased your home so the only way a home would be worth more if if the market has changed.
- Reduces showings by other Realtors
- Reduces advertising response
- Attracts the wrong prospects
- Eliminates offers
- Helps sell the competition
- Extends market time
Pricing it Right…From the Beginning
- Homes sell closer to their asking price during the first few days and weeks
- As more time goes by, it is less likely to receive offers close to the asking price
- Pricing it right from the beginning is so important in this market. “The buyers can always make an offer” is a statement rarely true today.
- Realistic pricing from the start prevents a home from getting “market-tired.”
Once we’ve properly priced your home, the next step in the process is to start showing your home.
See how the Listing Plan of Action Works for You!
Thinking of selling your home as a “For Sale by Owner”? Before you make up your mind, read our proven plan that will put more money in your pocket! Call Eric Pakulla today to find out more, or read our Listing Plan of Action Overview: